Little County News to tell you this week – mainly to publicise Empty Homes Week, and to remind you about three important DCC consultations. Next week sees the S&DR Anniversary and the start of the Sedgefield Literary and Arts Festival.
Find out more about all the following on my blog at: bit.ly/CNB129
COUNCIL AND COMMUNITY NEWS
• DCC is taking part in National Empty Homes Week to promote the work it is undertaking to bring vacant properties back into use.
• Congratulations to DCC, winners of the APSE ‘Service Team of the year’ award.
• DCC consultation – Health Visiting and School Nursing Service.
• DCC consultation – Street Work Permit Scheme.
• DCC consultation – Long Term Empty Property Council Tax Premium.
• Due to illness, Ron Hogg, PCVC has asked the Police and Crime Panel to appoint an acting Police and Crime Commissioner.
THINGS TO DO
• Green Teen: Managing a Nature Reserve (14+), Low Barns Nature Reserve, sessions 10am-12pm, 1-3pm, or stay all day (bring a packed lunch), Saturday 28 September, FREE (booking essential).
• Sedgefield Literary & Arts Festival, Ceddesfield Hall, Saturday 28 September to 19 October.
• Events to mark the 194th Anniversary of the S&DR, Locomotion Museum, 10am-5pm Sunday 29 September 2019, FREE.
• The ‘Big Story’ on POLITICAL / Aycliffe Radio, 6-7:30pm, Sunday 22 September will be ‘The S&DR 194th Anniversary’ with Friends of the S&DR Chair Trish Pemberton, Shildon councillor Samantha Townsend, and listener-guest Harley Balmer-Howieson: bit.ly/ARLIVE